Freedom of Information – The Culture of Collusion and Corruption at the City of Redmond, WA; Proof Before Public Records Request Was Even Made (Part 14)

Through investigative work and the right to public records as per Washington State’s Public Records Act RCW 42.56, I am confident to report the findings of the public records that absolutely and 100% point to collusion and corruption in the City of Redmond. Not only that, I am confident to report gross civil rights violations, not just to myself but to huge numbers of others as I will point out. I will keep this simple, as it is all in the public record.
As you can see before I had even submitted a public records request, you will see an Ingrid being copied in on the emails. I believe Ingrid (Young) is with the Redmond Police Department, as some quick internet checking is detailing. So without me even requesting records, you can see the collusion, as it played out. I mean how else could it be that the police are asking about a request I hadn’t even made? This points to collusion, as the request could have been about the parks department or street signs for all they know. And as you can see from the investigative work, the public records were removed from public view and audit trail, but that’s not all (there is more coming). And as you can see from emails provided from 2006, Larry Mitchell was copied in on emails it related to what amounts to exculpatory evidence, so the claim he did not know is balderdash while it is the duty of the prosecutor to provide all exculpatory evidence, which has not happened as detailed from this 14 part series. There is a culture of corruption in the City of Redmond and I believe with 100% certainty that civil rights violations have occurred, including my own, and this is going to hurt. What you are witnessing is collusion and corruption, and racketeering. An inquiry into public records or FOIA ends up at the police department, thanks to the City Clerk. And as you can see the prosecutor knowingly knew about exculpatory evidence and failed to do his job and Brady vs Maryland has been violated, and this amounts to misconduct and suppression of evidence. And you know what? I’m not done yet. The State Attorney General’s Office has failed in fielding the complaint as well, and they will feel the wrath of what amounts to civil rights violations on a grande scale for their dereliction of duty. It’s pretty funny to see such Keystone Cops covering up in 2015 with the serious nature of this all. But to be asking about public records requests or FOIA inquiries before I even made them, the RPD must be god damn mind readers. Instead they got caught removing public records from the audit log. I’d have to say that is unbecoming of an officer and dishonesty. In fact, I would believe this to be criminal. Let’s start in on the civil rights violations. You feel me homey?

*According to RCW 40.16.010, it’s a felony to tampering with public records.

Injury to public record.

Every person who shall willfully and unlawfully remove, alter, mutilate, destroy, conceal, or obliterate a record, map, book, paper, document, or other thing filed or deposited in a public office, or with any public officer, by authority of law, is guilty of a class C felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in a state correctional facility for not more than five years, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both.
*Compliments www.goldbarreporter.org

“Collusion

An agreement between two or more people to defraud a person of his or her rights or to obtain something that is prohibited by law.

A secret arrangement wherein two or more people whose legal interests seemingly conflict conspire to commit Fraud upon another person; a pact between two people to deceive a court with the purpose of obtaining something that they would not be able to get through legitimate judicial channels.

Collusion has often been used in Divorce proceedings. In the past some jurisdictions made it extremely difficult for a couple to obtain a divorce. Often a “sweetheart” agreement would take place, whereby a husband or wife would commit, or appear to commit, Adultery or other acts that would justify a divorce. The public policy against collusive divorces is based on the idea that such actions would conflict with the effective administration by society of laws on marriage and divorce and would undermine marriage as a stabilizing force in society.

Virtually all jurisdictions have adopted no-fault divorce statutes or laws that allow a couple to obtain a divorce without traditional fault grounds, such as adultery or cruel and inhuman treatment. Because of this development, collusive divorces should diminish in number, since it will no longer be necessary for persons seeking a divorce to resort to such measures.

The fundamental societal objection to collusion is that it promotes dishonesty and fraud, which, in turn, undermines the integrity of the entire judicial system.”
Credit: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/collusion

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/23/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,
I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Is there a cost per page that I may anticipate or a cost associated with requests for public information (WA RCW)? I’d like to be clear on that policy in advance.

Thanks,

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/23/13

to me, Ingrid

Mr. Woods,

Hard copy prints are .15 cents per page. The city does not charge for electronic information sent. Oversized documents may be required to be copied off-site and the applicable print house charge would be associated with that, as well as any sales tax the city was charged to copy that oversized item (if any at all). There are fee schedules at the City for other documents – it just depends on what is being requested – for example, maps. The City would also call you in advanced and let you know if there are any applicable charges to fill your request, and what those would be. Also, inspection of files and designation of the records you absolutely want is also an option for you prior to our copying of any records. It is totally up to you on how you want to proceed. RCW 42.56 is not applicable to “information” requests, but rather, for “records” requests. Of course, if a requestor asks for information, as opposed to records, the City would be responsive to your inquiries as well. 🙂

I hope this helps – and please do not hesitate to let me know any additional questions you may have.

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/23/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,

Thank you for that information. That was very helpful.
I see that (my use of the word information is confused FOIA) so I will try not to request information, but complete records and files.

Again, thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Regards,

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/23/13

to me

I am glad it was helpful. We are happy to work with you in any way that works best for you. J

We do get a hybrid of records/information requests regularly. We’ll pick it apart to sort through it when it comes. 🙂 No worries there. And if staff has any need for clarification over your request, we will give you a call in the interest of fulfilling the request in a timely manner. 🙂

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/30/13

to me, Ingrid

Mr. Woods,

I am following up with you regarding whether or not you are still interested in submitting a records request to the City of Redmond. Please advise. Thank you.

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/31/13

to Michelle
Thank you for the follow up. I think I got hung up given the scope of the information versus the records you discussed previously.
I think if I look hard enough, I will be able to find the answer to my question.
Thank you very much for your time.

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/31/13

to me, Ingrid

Thank you, Mr. Woods. Should you decide to submit a request in the future, please do just let me know.

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments11/16/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,
Pursuant to our previous conversation, I decided to do a public records request. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. This request should take all of 5 minutes, as I don’t want to waste your time or the taxpayers time.

How many of the City of Redmond Police Officers have sustained records of dishonesty (which includes lying, untruthfulness, dishonesty, false claims etc.)?

What are the officers names?

What are the officer’s badge numbers?

What was the date of incidents of the sustained event (if any)?
When was the sustained event documented proven as sustained officially?
What was the name and title of the supervisor that signed off on the sustained act?

The other request I have is for an entire file. The file I ask for is the entire file on the policy of the City of Redmond, WA that explains the policy as it relates to law enforcement officers with sustained records of dishonesty.

One more thing, I am requesting the entire file on the policy of the City of Redmond, WA as it pertains to a law enforcement officer testifying in the court of law should the law enforcement officer be found to have a sustained act of dishonesty (which includes but is not limited to acts of dishonesty, untruthfulness, and lying, and false claims).

Do you happen to have a schedule for the City of Redmond’s City Council meetings for December?

I thank you for your time and cooperation. I have nothing more to say on this, as my questions were precise, so I look forward to your response.

from: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
to: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>date: Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM
subject: RE: Conflict of Interest – Contacted by your City Clerk
mailed-by: redmond.gov

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

12/15/14

to me

Brent,

The request you put in went to the Police Department. It came through me as a pass-through to the record holding division – the Police Department. I believe my 2013 email in this regard has already been provided to you. I am including it again here for your information. And you are correct – I should have re-read it first before sending my email below to be infinitely clear… and I apologize if it was not.

I have the log and I have the emails. The last email I have from you in 2013 indicates that I received your written request and forwarded to the Police Department for their processing (logging, tracking, and response). Requests for police department records go to the Police Department records division to fill. From the time my log entry notes, “request closed,” your request at the Police Department started and they logged and filled the request.

Does this better help to explain the correspondence and process in 2013, at least in the interaction between you and I?

I am truly doing everything I can to help you attain the records you are seeking, Brent. I will continue to work with you until it is all finalized. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Michelle Hart

10/23/13

brent.a.woods@gmail.com

10/23/13 – Hart (Young)

10/23/13 – Hart to requestor requesting that he fill out a PRR form which she attached to the email

????????????????????

10/23/13 – Requestor emailed Ms. Hart several times asking questions such as cost per page for documents, but never specified the type of documents he is interested in.

10/30/13 – Ms. Young emailed Ms. Hart asking if she had heard anything further from Mr. Woods and if we should send him an email saying that if we don’t hear from him by such and such a date, we will close his request.

10/30/13 – Ms. Hart emailed requestor asking if he is still interested in submitting a Public Records Request.

10/31/13 – Requestor responded that he can find the information he is looking for.

11/16/13 – Requestor, Brent Woods, emailed Ms. Hart that he has changed his mind and decided to do a Public Records Request re: City of Redmond Police Officers that have sustained records of dishonest, names, badge numbers, dates, incidents, etc. and also would like the dates of City Council meetings for December 2013.

11/18/13 – Ms. Hart responded to requestor that she is referring him to the Police Dept. to fill out their PRR. She advised him that, in the month of December, the Council is only meeting on Tuesday, December 3 .

REQUEST CLOSED.

mhart@redmond.gov

Thank you very much for your time.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Mr. Woods,

Visit the City’s website at www.redmond.gov

NOTICE OF PUBLIC DISCLOSURE: This e-mail account is public domain. Any correspondence from or to this e-mail account is a public record. Accordingly, this e-mail, in whole or in part, may be subject to disclosure pursuant to RCW 42.56, regardless of any claim of confidentiality or privilege asserted by an external party.

HOW DID WE DO?: Click here to take survey

(Filling out the short survey will assist us in knowing how better to meet your needs)

From: Michelle Hart
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:59 PM
To: ‘B Woods’
Subject: RE: FW: FOIA Question

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Ms. Hart,

Thank you for that information. That was very helpful.

Again, thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Regards,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Mr. Woods,

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:43 PM

Ms. Hart,

I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Thanks,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Wonderful! Thank you, Mr. Woods. You may email this directly to me, and I will send you a confirmation once I have received your request so that you know it made it safely to its destination! 🙂

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Ms. Hart,

Thank you for your response. I do have the RCW for WA and do have the obligations of the requester. I will be specific.

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Brent,

My name is Michelle Hart. I am the City Clerk for the City of Redmond, and am in receipt of your inquiry below.

The Freedom of Information Act is not applicable to City records, as it is a federal provision that applies to federal agencies. Locally, the Public Records Act for the State of Washington is applicable. I am attaching the necessary form for you to fill out in order to begin processing your request. You can fill this out, sign it, and fax or email back to me here at my address. You may also opt to mail it in or bring it in in person, that is totally up to you on what may be more convenient for you. Please be specific with the records your seek so that they may be identified within the responsive department. Upon receiving your request, I will forward this out to the appropriate department(s), and they will be in direct contact with you regarding production.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

From: City Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: FW: FOIA Question
Importance: High

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 PM
To: City Clerk
Subject: FOIA Question

Dear Clerk’s Office,

I am going to file a Freedom of Information Act with your office and I would like to see if I could get the name and contact information of the person in your department that I will need to address this request to.

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brent Woods

Click here to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Ms. Hart,

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Brent,

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

From: City Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: FW: FOIA Question
Importance: High

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 PM
To: City Clerk
Subject: FOIA Question

Dear Clerk’s Office,

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brent Woods

Click here to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Mr. Woods,

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:43 PM

Ms. Hart,

I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Thanks,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Ms. Hart,

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Brent,

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

From: City Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: FW: FOIA Question
Importance: High

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 PM
To: City Clerk
Subject: FOIA Question

Dear Clerk’s Office,

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brent Woods

Click here to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Ms. Hart,

Thank you for that information. That was very helpful.

Again, thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Regards,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Mr. Woods,

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:43 PM

Ms. Hart,

I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Thanks,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Ms. Hart,

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Brent,

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

From: City Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: FW: FOIA Question
Importance: High

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 PM
To: City Clerk
Subject: FOIA Question

Dear Clerk’s Office,

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brent Woods

Click here to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Mr. Woods,

From: Michelle Hart
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:59 PM
To: ‘B Woods’
Subject: RE: FW: FOIA Question

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:57 PM

Ms. Hart,

Thank you for that information. That was very helpful.

Again, thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Regards,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Mr. Woods,

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:43 PM

Ms. Hart,

I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Thanks,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Ms. Hart,

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov> wrote:

Brent,

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

From: City Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 AM
Subject: FW: FOIA Question
Importance: High

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:33 PM
To: City Clerk
Subject: FOIA Question

Dear Clerk’s Office,

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Brent Woods

Click here to report this email as spam.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

—–Original Message—–
From: James E. Haney [mailto:jhaney@omwlaw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:27 PM
To: George Potts; Larry Mitchell; Malisa Files; Terry Morgan
Subject: Additional Public Records Response to Brent Woods
Importance: High

Attached is my latest letter to Brent Woods in response to his public records request. I’ve now responded to all of his requests except the one for records of complaints against the police officers involved in his DUI case. I assume George is working on that 🙂 based on my previous emails. Note that I have told him I can get that information to him by September 6.

______________________________________________
From: roadrunner@omwlaw.com [mailto:roadrunner@omwlaw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:40 PM
To: James E. Haney
Subject: Attached Image
Importance: High

<>’
from: Angela G. Summerfield <asummerfield@omwlaw.com>
to: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>cc: Police Record Requests <PoliceRecordRequests@redmond.gov>,
Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM
subject: RE: 3 of 4: Additional records for Nov #7, past records requests

Angela G. Summerfield <asummerfield@omwlaw.com>

Attachments12/11/14

to me, Police, Michelle

3 of 4

From: Angela G. Summerfield
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:05 PM
To: ‘B Woods’
Cc: ‘Police Record Requests’; ‘Michelle Hart’
Subject: RE: 2 of 4: Additional records for Nov #7, past records requests

2 of 4

From: Angela G. Summerfield
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:04 PM
To: ‘B Woods’
Cc: ‘Police Record Requests’; Michelle Hart
Subject: 1 of 4: Additional records for Nov #7, past records requests

Mr. Woods, as a follow up to my email to you dated December 5, 2014 at 4:04PM I write to inform you that the City was able to locate additional records requested in your public records request dated November 26, 2014 at 12:15PM for public records requests you have made in the past, including requests made in November 2013 and August 2006. I will be sending a total of 4 emails:

–this email with part 1 of attachments and a listing of the records withheld and the reason why;

–second email with part 2 of scanned records;

–third email with 6 emails;

–fourth email with 5 emails.

If you do not receive all 4 or if you have any difficulty opening attachments, please let me know.

Once all have been sent, your request will be concluded.

Exemptions and basis for Withholding: the following emails have been withheld on the basis of the attorney-client privilege, RCW 42.56.070(1) “other statute which exempts or prohibits disclosure”; see also Hangartner v. Seattle, 151 Wn.2d 439, 453 (2004); RCW 5.60.060. Each email contains requests and provision of legal advice protected by the attorney-client privilege.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 19, 2013 at 7:02PM, 1 page.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 20, 2013 at 9:07AM, 1 page.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 10:32AM, 2 pages.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 10:35AM, 2 pages.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 11:36AM, 2 pages.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 11:47AM, 3 pages.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 11:49AM, 3 pages.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 11:50AM, 3 pages.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests and Shari Shovlin dated November 25, 2013 at 12:41PM, 3 pages.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 1:43PM, 3 pages.

From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 1:53PM, 3 pages.

From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 1:54PM, 4 pages.

Angela G. Summerfield | Attorney

Ogden Murphy Wallace P.L.L.C.
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500

Seattle, WA 98164
Phone: 206.447.2250 | Facsimile: 206.447.0215

asummerfield@omwlaw.com | omwlaw.com

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION – This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender. It may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any of the contents is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission and all copies.

6 Attachments

10/23/13 – Hart (Young)

????????????????????

REQUEST CLOSED.

BACK TO THE RESPONSE FROM THE ATTORNEY

to me
from: Angela G. Summerfield <asummerfield@omwlaw.com>
to: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>cc: Police Record Requests <PoliceRecordRequests@redmond.gov> date: Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM
subject: City of Redmond PRR Nov #7 – 5-day letter
ngela G. Summerfield <asummerfield@omwlaw.com>
12/5/14

Hello. As you know I am an attorney for the City of Redmond, assisting the City in responding to your publicrecordsrequest to the City received by email dated November 26, 2014 at 12:15PM. You requested: I am seeking all public records with regards to every public records request I have ever put in with the City of Redmond. I also am seeking all public records and all emails related to an incident I recall all too well. The incident I am referring to to clarify and not appear ambiguous, is related to when I spoke to your records specialist, who said I was doing the right thing by the way, by requesting proof of impound of my car, as she told me that I was right that proof of impound of the car was supposed to be in the file, and it was not. She asked if I wanted to speak to the officer involved and I said no. She got her supervisor on the phone who immediately started saying I was harassing the City of Redmond, when in reality, I was requesting the paperwork which you did not have, and yet your officer testified my car was impounded.I’d also like a copy of the letter that said no impound paperwork existed as per the original inquiry. For efficiency in processing, the City is breaking this request into three parts as follows: Nov #7A. Allpublicrecordsrequests submitted by B. Woods to the City of Redmond and all responses. Nov #7B. Allrecords relating to described communication with records specialist. Nov #7C. Copy of letter stating no impound paperwork existed. In accordance with RCW 42.56.520, I am writing to provide you with estimates of the time anticipated to comply with your requests. As to Nov #7A, other than the requests you made earlier in November, the City has no responsive records, as the requests were purged in accordance with state guidelines. Please note the state retention/destruction schedule authorizes destruction of these records in accordance with Disposition Authority Number GS2010-014. This rule requires the following with regard to publicrecordsrequests: “Retain for 2 years after publicrecordsrequest fulfilled then Destroy.” As to Nov #7B, I attach a copy of an audit trail which includes communication between yourself and a City of Redmonds records specialist, which we believe may be responsive to your request. No further records exist related to this request. As to Nov #7C, the City is continuing its search for the letter you reference. If you can provide the name of the sender and the date or approximate date, that may help the City identify the record. Thank you for your patience as the City works toward completion of your requests. Angela G. Summerfield | Attorney Ogden Murphy Wallace P.L.L.C.
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500Seattle, WA 98164
Phone: 206.447.2250 | Facsimile: 206.447.0215asummerfield@omwlaw.com | omwlaw.com
to me, Police

As to Nov #7A, other than the requests you made earlier in November, the City has no responsive records, as the requests were purged in accordance with state guidelines. Please note the state retention/destruction schedule authorizes destruction of these records in accordance with Disposition Authority Number GS2010-014. This rule requires the following with regard to public records requests: “Retain for 2 years after public records request fulfilled then Destroy.”

Exhibit A (#7A)Nov #7A. Allpublicrecordsrequests submitted by B. Woods to the City of Redmond and all responses.

Conclusion: The City of Redmond obscures (removes) from public view in this manner above, (Nov #7A) and then purge with retention schedule. This example would prove to not be in accordance with the law, RCW 42.56

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

7:40 PM (2 hours ago)

to cityclerk, Nancy, RLGIBSON, ombudsman
from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>to: cityclerk@redmond.gov,
“Krier, Nancy (ATG)” <NancyK1@atg.wa.gov>,
RLGIBSON@redmond.gov,
ombudsman@kingcounty.gov
date: Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM
subject: Re: Formal Complaint August 19 2015
mailed-by: gmail.com
Correction

I meant to say …as you can see the City Clerk said I must have turned the request over to the Police Records Division (not the attorney). Clearly the email was submitted to the City Clerk, so the claim that I must have submitted it to the Police Records Division is inaccurate.

brent woods