Freedom of Information – Redmond WA (Part 1)

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>
to: cityclerk@redmond.gov
date: Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM
subject: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

10/22/13

to cityclerk
Dear Clerk’s Office,

I am going to file a Freedom of Information Act with your office and I would like to see if I could get the name and contact information of the person in your department that I will need to address this request to.

Also, do you have any problem if I file this via email?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

Attachments10/23/13

to Ingrid, me

Brent,

My name is Michelle Hart. I am the City Clerk for the City of Redmond, and am in receipt of your inquiry below.

The Freedom of Information Act is not applicable to City records, as it is a federal provision that applies to federal agencies. Locally, the Public Records Act for the State of Washington is applicable. I am attaching the necessary form for you to fill out in order to begin processing your request. You can fill this out, sign it, and fax or email back to me here at my address. You may also opt to mail it in or bring it in in person, that is totally up to you on what may be more convenient for you. Please be specific with the records your seek so that they may be identified within the responsive department. Upon receiving your request, I will forward this out to the appropriate department(s), and they will be in direct contact with you regarding production.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to assisting you in your search.

Michelle

date: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/23/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,
Thank you for your response. I do have the RCW for WA and do have the obligations of the requester. I will be specific.
Again, I appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/23/13

to me

Wonderful! Thank you, Mr. Woods. You may email this directly to me, and I will send you a confirmation once I have received your request so that you know it made it safely to its destination! 🙂

Michelle

date: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:43 PM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/23/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,
I apologize, I forgot to ask a question in my original email.

Is there a cost per page that I may anticipate or a cost associated with requests for public information (WA RCW)? I’d like to be clear on that policy in advance.

Thanks,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/23/13

to me, Ingrid

Mr. Woods,

Hard copy prints are .15 cents per page. The city does not charge for electronic information sent. Oversized documents may be required to be copied off-site and the applicable print house charge would be associated with that, as well as any sales tax the city was charged to copy that oversized item (if any at all). There are fee schedules at the City for other documents – it just depends on what is being requested – for example, maps. The City would also call you in advanced and let you know if there are any applicable charges to fill your request, and what those would be. Also, inspection of files and designation of the records you absolutely want is also an option for you prior to our copying of any records. It is totally up to you on how you want to proceed. RCW 42.56 is not applicable to “information” requests, but rather, for “records” requests. Of course, if a requestor asks for information, as opposed to records, the City would be responsive to your inquiries as well. 🙂

I hope this helps – and please do not hesitate to let me know any additional questions you may have.

Michelle

date: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/23/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,

Thank you for that information. That was very helpful.
I see that (my use of the word information is confused FOIA) so I will try not to request information, but complete records and files.

Again, thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Regards,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/23/13

to me

I am glad it was helpful. We are happy to work with you in any way that works best for you. J

We do get a hybrid of records/information requests regularly. We’ll pick it apart to sort through it when it comes. 🙂 No worries there. And if staff has any need for clarification over your request, we will give you a call in the interest of fulfilling the request in a timely manner. 🙂

Michelle

Michelle M. Hart, MMC

City Clerk

425.556.2190 (ph)

425.556.2198 (fx)

mhart@redmond.gov

Visit the City’s website at www.redmond.gov

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/30/13

to me, Ingrid

Mr. Woods,

I am following up with you regarding whether or not you are still interested in submitting a records request to the City of Redmond. Please advise. Thank you.

Michelle

Michelle M. Hart, MMC

City Clerk

425.556.2190 (ph)

425.556.2198 (fx)

mhart@redmond.gov

Visit the City’s website at www.redmond.gov

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>
to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments10/31/13

to Michelle
Thank you for the follow up. I think I got hung up given the scope of the information versus the records you discussed previously.
I think if I look hard enough, I will be able to find the answer to my question.
Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

10/31/13

to me, Ingrid

Thank you, Mr. Woods. Should you decide to submit a request in the future, please do just let me know.

Michelle

date: Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM
subject: Re: FW: FOIA Question

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Attachments11/16/13

to Michelle
Ms. Hart,
Pursuant to our previous conversation, I decided to do a public records request. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. This request should take all of 5 minutes, as I don’t want to waste your time or the taxpayers time.

How many of the City of Redmond Police Officers have sustained records of dishonesty (which includes lying, untruthfulness, dishonesty, false claims etc.)?

What are the officers names?

What are the officer’s badge numbers?

What was the date of incidents of the sustained event (if any)?
When was the sustained event documented proven as sustained officially?
What was the name and title of the supervisor that signed off on the sustained act?

The other request I have is for an entire file. The file I ask for is the entire file on the policy of the City of Redmond, WA that explains the policy as it relates to law enforcement officers with sustained records of dishonesty.

One more thing, I am requesting the entire file on the policy of the City of Redmond, WA as it pertains to a law enforcement officer testifying in the court of law should the law enforcement officer be found to have a sustained act of dishonesty (which includes but is not limited to acts of dishonesty, untruthfulness, and lying, and false claims).

Do you happen to have a schedule for the City of Redmond’s City Council meetings for December?

I thank you for your time and cooperation. I have nothing more to say on this, as my questions were precise, so I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Brent Woods

Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>

11/18/13

to me

Mr. Woods,

I am in receipt of your public records request. As this pertains to Police records, I am forwarding it to the Police Records Department for their processing. You will need to fill out their records request form, and I will let them coordinate that with you directly. Your request below will get this process going.

I can directly answer your inquiry regarding the Council meeting schedule for December. The City Council will only have one regularly scheduled meeting in December. This is Tuesday, December 3rd, beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. They will also hold one study session in December (Tuesday, December 10th); however, there is no “Audience Participation” for the public to speak during study sessions, only at the regular meetings. The regular meeting schedule will resume in January, with regular meetings held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month, beginning at 7:30 p.m.

Thank you for your submission.

Michelle

Michelle M. Hart, MMC

City Clerk

425.556.2190 (ph)

425.556.2198 (fx)

mhart@redmond.gov

Visit the City’s website at www.redmond.gov

FAST FORWARD to 2014

Angela G. Summerfield <asummerfield@omwlaw.com>

12/11/14

Mr. Woods, as a follow up to my email to you dated December 5, 2014 at 4:04PM I write to inform you that the City was able to locate additional records requested in your public records request dated November 26, 2014 at 12:15PM for public records requests you have made in the past, including requests made in November 2013 and August 2006.  I will be sending a total of 4 emails: –this email with part 1 of attachments and a listing of the records withheld and the reason why; –second email with part 2 of scanned records; –third email with 6 emails; –fourth email with 5 emails. If you do not receive all 4 or if you have any difficulty opening attachments, please let me know.Once all have been sent, your request will be concluded. Exemptions and basis for Withholding: the following emails have been withheld on the basis of the attorney-client privilege, RCW 42.56.070(1) “other statute which exempts or prohibits disclosure”; see also Hangartner v. Seattle, 151 Wn.2d 439, 453 (2004); RCW 5.60.060. Each email contains requests and provision of legal advice protected by the attorney-client privilege. From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 19, 2013 at 7:02PM, 1 page.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 20, 2013 at 9:07AM, 1 page.From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 10:32AM, 2 pages.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 10:35AM, 2 pages.From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 11:36AM, 2 pages.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 11:47AM, 3 pages.From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 11:49AM, 3 pages.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 11:50AM, 3 pages.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests and Shari Shovlin dated November 25, 2013 at 12:41PM, 3 pages.From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 1:43PM, 3 pages.From Angela Summerfield to Police Records Requests dated November 25, 2013 at 1:53PM, 3 pages.From Police Records Requests to Angela Summerfield dated November 25, 2013 at 1:54PM, 4 pages.  Angela G. Summerfield  |  Attorney Ogden Murphy Wallace P.L.L.C.
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500Seattle, WA 98164
Phone: 206.447.2250  |  Facsimile: 206.447.0215asummerfield@omwlaw.comomwlaw.com

to me, Police, Michelle

Editor’s Note:*Note Email from City Clerk (Michelle Hart) dated Monday, November 18th, 2013 at 10:25 AM
“As such, I am forwarding it to you for processing”.
“Just let me know you have received my email here. I will not log and track this request as I am forwarding it over to you. Many Thanks!!:)”

It will be necessary to fast forward to 2014 to see what happened to the public records request since they said they would not track or log the records request at that point. What do you think will happen? Think the request will be provided per law? Or do you think it was obscured from the public? What do you think happens when records are not tracked or logged? What would be the reason for a City Clerk to not track or log a public records request? We will see what happened in 2014. We will then see false records and erroneous statements that are false. It doesn’t matter what is said, it matters what’s in the public record, more so, what is not in the public record, when not tracked or logged.

from: B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>
to: Michelle Hart <MHART@redmond.gov>
date: Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:12 AM
subject: Request for Comment
mailed-by: gmail.com

B Woods <brent.a.woods@gmail.com>

Aug 12 (1 day ago)

to Michelle
Ms. Hart

I am exercising my right to free speech, but then again, these are all public records.

I would like to know if you care to make any formal comment per this request. I will print your response in it’s entirety.

Please advise if you care to respond.

Sincerely,

brent woods

========

As of August 13th 2015, at 7:30PM, there is NO RESPONSE. I didn’t think so Ms. Hart. But if you ever decide to change your mind, be sure to contact Bitcoin Macroeconomics. Your response will be included in it’s entirety.

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/12/freedom-of-information-redmond-wa-part-2/ Freedom of Information – Redmond, WA (Part 2)
http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/12/freedom-of-information-expunged-records-redmond-wa-part-3/ Freedom of Information – Redmond, WA (Part 3)
http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/12/freedom-of-information-redmond-wa-part-4/ Freedom of Information – Redmond, WA (Part 4)
http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/13/freedom-of-information-the-parsing-of-requests-redmond-wa-part-5/ Freedom of Information – The Parsing of Records – Redmond, WA (Part 5)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/14/freedom-of-information-fabrication-of-evidence-redmond-wa-part-6/ Freedom of Information – The Fabrication of Evidence – Redmond, WA (Part 6)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/14/freedom-of-information-washington-state-attorney-generals-office-does-not-work-for-the-people-the-destruction-of-public-records-before-retention-schedule-allows-redmond-wa-part-7/ Freedom of Information – Washington State Attorney General’s Office Does Not Work For The People – Redmond, WA (Part 7)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/14/freedom-of-information-remedy-under-law-misrepresentation-of-evidence-redmond-wa-part-8/ Freedom of Information – Remedy Under Law; Misrepresentation of Evidence – Redmond, WA (Part 8)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/18/freedom-of-information-false-erroneous-records-redmond-wa-part-9/ Freedom of Information – False & Erroneous Records – Redmond, WA (Part 9)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/19/freedom-of-information-formal-complaint-redmond-wa-part-10/ Freedom of Information – Formal Complaint – Redmond, WA (Part 10)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/21/freedom-of-information-throwing-people-under-the-bus-the-total-costs-of-disposable-officers-of-the-law-redmond-wa-part-11/ Freedom of Information – Throwing People Under the Bus; The Total Costs of Disposable Officers of the Law – Redmond, WA (Part 11)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/28/freedom-of-information-suppression-of-evidence-redmond-wa-part-12/ Freedom of Information – Suppression of Evidence – Redmond, WA (Part 12)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/02/freedom-of-information-formal-complaint-to-atg-and-state-of-washington-ombudsman-part-13/ Freedom of Information – Formal Complaint to ATG and State of Washington Ombudsman (Part 13)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/04/freedom-of-information-the-culture-of-collusion-and-corruption-at-the-city-of-redmond-wa-proof-before-public-records-request-was-even-made/ Freedom of Information – The Culture of Collusion and Corruption at the City of Redmond, WA; Proof Before Public Records Request Was Even Made (Part 14)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/15/freedom-of-information-here-we-go-again-abuse-of-public-records-act-rcw-42-56-redmond-wa/ Freedom of Information – Here We Go Again – Abuse of Public Records Act RCW 42.56 – Redmond, WA (Part 15)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/16/freedom-of-information-the-destruction-of-evidence-prior-to-retention-schedules-class-c-felony-redmond-wa-part-16/ Freedom of Information – The Destruction of Evidence Prior to Retention Schedules; Class C Felony – Redmond, WA (Part 16)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/23/freedom-of-information-malfeasance-and-corruption-at-the-city-of-redmonds-prosecuting-attorneys-office-redmond-wa-part-17/ Freedom of Information – Malfeasance and Corruption at the City of Redmond’s Prosecuting Attorney’s Office; Redmond, WA (Part 17)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/24/freedom-of-information-destruction-of-logs-redmond-wa-part-18/ Freedom of Information – Destruction of Logs – Redmond, WA (Part 18)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/25/freedom-of-information-lying-cheating-stealing-turning-it-around-on-you-frustrating-you-a-lesson-in-futility-and-in-how-bad-government-does-not-want-to-be-held-accountable-to-the-law-redmond/ Freedom of Information – Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Turning It Around On You; A Lesson in Futility and in How Bad Government Does Not Want to Be Held Accountable to the Law – Redmond, WA (Part 19)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/09/25/freedom-of-information-tasering-a-woman-in-a-diabetic-coma-as-cowardly-as-it-gets-and-the-denial-of-public-records-redmond-wa-part-20/ Freedom of Information – Tasering a Woman in a Diabetic Coma; As Cowardly as it gets and the Denial of Public Records – Redmond, WA (Part 20)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/10/01/freedom-of-information-redmond-police-commander-fired-redmond-wa-part-21/ Freedom of Information – Police Commander Fired – Redmond, WA (Part 21)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/10/01/freedom-of-information-another-example-of-how-redmond-omits-or-removes-evidence-redmond-wa-part-22/ Freedom of Information – Another Example of How Redmond Omits or Removes Evidence – Redmond, WA (Part 22)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/10/01/freedom-of-information-the-connection-between-redmonds-city-attorney-and-the-largest-case-of-stock-fraud-in-washington-state-history-redmond-wa-part-23/ Freedom of Information – The Connection Between Redmond’s City Attorney and the Largest Case of Stock Fraud in Washington State History – Redmond, WA (Part 23)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/10/03/freedom-of-information-how-they-lose-breaking-the-law-and-violating-the-public-records-act-redmond-wa-part-24/ Freedom of Information – How They Lose; Breaking the Law and Violating the Public Records Act – Redmond, WA (Part 24)

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2017/03/11/freedom-information-part-25-public-accountability-annual-costs-ogden-murphy-wallace-costs-contracted-city-attorney-taxpayers-expense/ Freedom of Information (Part 25) – Public Accountability and the Annual Costs of Ogden Murphy Wallace; The Costs of the Contracted City Attorney at Taxpayers Expense
http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2017/03/11/freedom-information-part-26-six-foot-tall-8-inches/ Freedom of Information (Part 26) – The City of Redmond, Washington Police “Six Foot Tall and 8 Inches”

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/11/why-john-marchione-should-resign-as-the-mayor-of-the-city-of-redmond-wa/ Why John Marchione should resign as the mayor of the City of Redmond WA

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/28/rules-of-evidence/ Rules of Evidence; Washington Courts

http://bitcoinmacroeconomics.com/2015/08/28/adjudicative-facts/ Adjudicative Facts

Giglio v. United States, 405 U.S. 150 (1972) Fourteenth Amendment
(Due Process Clause)

In prosecution for passing forged money orders, the government failure to disclose a promise of immunity in exchange for testimony from a government witness violated Brady.

Exculpatory evidence includes “evidence affecting” witness “credibility”. “When the reliability of a given witness may well be determinative of guilt or innocence, nondisclosure of evidence affecting credibility falls within this general rule.” [154 (quotation marks and citation omitted)]

A new trial is required when the non-disclosed evidence is determined to be material.